GMAT Data Sufficiency
Derek's cell phone bill shows total minutes used for each of two categories: peak minutes and off peak minutes. If Derek used a total of 75 minutes last month, how many off peak minutes did he use?
(1) Derek used twice as many off peak minutes as peak minutes last month.
(2) Last month, Derek exceeded his allowance of off peak minutes by 25 percent.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A