GMAT Data Sufficiency
A garden store purchased a number of shovels and a number of rakes. If the cost of each shovel was $14 and the cost of each rake was $9, what was the total cost of the shovels and rakes purchased by the store?
(1) The ratio of the number of shovels to the number of rakes purchased by the store was 2 to 3.
(2) The total number of shovels and rakes purchased by the store was 50.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C