GMAT Data Sufficiency
In the figure shown, line segments ST and TU are parallel to the x-axis and the y-axis, respectively. What is the sum of the coordinates of point T ?
(1)The y-coordinate of point U is 1.
(2)The x-coordinate of point S is -5.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: E