GMAT Sentence Correction
Attempts in high school English classes to focus writing instruction on creative, free-flow composition, which many educators consider more engaging than lessons in formal grammar, has not materially improved the writing ability of first year college students.
- A has not materially improved the writing ability
- B has not been material in improving the ability to write
- C had not brought material improvement to the writing ability
- D have not materially improved the writing ability
- E have not been material in the improvement of the ability to write
Correct Answer: D