GMAT Sentence Correction
Doctors generally agree that such factors as cigarette smoking, eating rich foods high in fats, and alcohol consumption not only do damage by themselves but also aggravate genetic predispositions toward certain diseases.
- A not only do damage by themselves but also aggravate
- B do damage by themselves but also are aggravating to
- C are damaging by themselves but also are aggravating
- D not only do damage by themselves, they are also aggravating to
- E are doing damage by themselves, and they are also aggravating
Correct Answer: A