GRE Reading Comprehension
By far the most outstanding of American talented women sculptors during the twentieth century is Louise Nevelson, who in the eyes of many critics is the most original female artist alive today. One famous and influential critic, Hilton Kramer, said of her work, ―For myself, I think Ms. Nevelson succeeds where the painters often fail.
The author quotes Hilton Kramer most probably in order to illustrate which of the following?
- A The realism of Nevelson's work
- B The unique qualities of Nevelson's style
- C The extent of critical approval of Nevelson's work
- D A distinction between sculpture and painting
- E A reason for the prominence of women sculptors since the 1950‘s
Correct Answer: C