GRE Reading Comprehension
Source: magoosh reading medium
The price of the SuperPixel high definition television, by Lux Electronics, has typically been out of the range of most consumers, a few of whom nonetheless save up for the television. This past July, the SuperPixel reduced its price by 40%, and sales during that month nearly tripled. TechWare, a popular electronics magazine, claims that the SuperPixel television should continue to see sales grow at this rate till the end of August.
Which of the following suggests that TechWare's forecast is misguided?
- A Most of the customers who had been saving up for the SuperPixel bought the television in July.
- B Sales of the MegaPixel high definition television, an even more expensive model than the SuperPixel, saw declining sales in the month of July.
- C Electronics sales tend to peak in August and December.
- D The SuperPixel tends to be an unreliable television and Lux Electronics makes a considerable profit from repairs.
- E The SuperPixel is the only model for which Lux Electronics plans a price reduction.
Correct Answer: A