GRE Reading Comprehension
A three-hour movie replaced three regularly, scheduled television programs. The movie had only two equally long breaks for advertisements instead of the five equal breaks that normally interrupted the regular programs. However, the total time used for advertisements during the movie equaled the time usually used for advertisements during the regular programs.
If the statements above are true, which of the following must also be true?
- A The average length of the advertisements shown during the movie was shorter than that of the advertisements usually shown during the regular programs.
- B Only one sponsor's advertisements were shown during the movie, whereas more than one sponsor's advertisements were shown during the regular programs.
- C The sponsors who advertised during the movie were not the same as the sponsors who usually advertised during the regular programs.
- D Each of the interruptions for advertisements in the movie was longer than each of the interruptions for advertisements that usually occurred in the regular programs.
- E The advertisements during the movie focused on only one kind of product, whereas the advertisements during the regular programs focused on a variety of products.
Correct Answer: D