GRE Reading Comprehension
Any United States flag manufactured outside the United States should be banned from importation, since some foreign manufacturers superimpose images on the United States flag and sell such products with relative impunity. United States manufacturers, on the other hand, would face penalties for such violations of the United States flag code.
Which of the following is the best criticism of the argument above?
- A The argument reiterates its conclusion instead of providing a reason for it.
- B The argument makes an irrelevant distinction between foreign and United States manufacturers.
- C The reason given for the ban undermines rather than supports the conclusion.
- D The reason given for the ban does not explain why images superimposed on the United States flag are offensive.
- E The reason given for the ban applies only to a part of the group of manufacturers whose flags are included in the ban, not necessarily to all.
Correct Answer: E