GRE Reading Comprehension
Source: Magoosh reading easy
NewTech clothes dryers, a new line of dryers that uses 1/3 the energy of traditional dryers, recently took over as the leading dryer—in terms of the number of units sold—in the nation of Imperia. This season, NewTech is expanding into the nation of Sumonia, producing 10,000 units for sale in the country. The company believes that the NewTech dryer will quickly sell out in Sumonia, leading the company to export more units before year's end.
Which of the following, if true, suggests that NewTech'sdryers will not sell as well in Sumonia as the company expects?
- A Some companies that have released dryers in Sumonia have not always realized quick profits.
- B The population density of Sumonia is far less than that of Imperia, though Sumonia, because of its large size, is almost as populous as Imperia.
- C There are only a few manufacturers who currently export dryers to Sumonia.
- D The capital city of Sumonia is notorious for crime and there are many reported muggings each day.
- E Because of the frigid climate in Sumonia, citizens wear almost exclusively woolen clothing, which cannot be put in a dryer without becoming ruined.
Correct Answer: E