GRE Reading Comprehension
Pauline and Lorraine are paid the same amount of wages per hour for working at the same company, but Pauline has a more difficult job than Lorraine. Pauline argues that because her job is more difficult, the company should pay her more than it pays Lorraine.
Which of the following statements best supports Pauline's argument?
- A Lorraine is not opposed to being paid less than Pauline.
- B The company's pay scale is intended to compensate more difficult work with higher wages.
- C Pauline expects to be promoted to a higher-paying position.
- D Lorraine was paid more than either woman expected Lorraine to be paid.
- E Pauline has fewer years of experience in her current job than Lorraine has in hers.
Correct Answer: B